Friday, September 26, 2008

No more Babies!

Like I said no more babies! I got the privilege to keep my niece this past weekend and I had so much fun with her. She is almost 1 and so darn cute little Junie Mae Mitchell. Phil and I both decided that she is not as cute at 5:30 in the morning that is the time this little sweet child woke up. I have not gotten up with a baby that early in well at least 3 years. I had forgotten all the hard work that goes into taking care of a 1 year old. Then I realized how my children are needing me less and less. Its nice in one way but it really made me sad to think about how they are growing up so fast. So just a little thought for the day ''When your kids are all over you and fight over who gets to sit beside you first on the couch and you just want to be left alone don't tell them to get up and move cherish the moment because they will soon be all to big to fit on the love seat with you.'' Enough sadness I did enjoy Junie Mae but I was so glad to finally be the one who gets to send her back. My family has always joked about being able to send my kids back. It was a great feeling and maybe in a few more weeks I will be rested up enough to watch her again! I also know why I was 10 pounds lighter when the boys were 1.

2 comments:

Julie said...

Isn't it crazy how much easier kids get as they get older? Babies are hard, toddlers are hard. and tiring.

Jill said...

I think we should start a club, you can be the president and I will be vice president!

We can call ourselves the "Birth Controllers, we've had them and now were done"